The royal newlyweds look so happy! If I was married to royalty and didn’t have to worry about finances; guess what I would do most of the day…. ::hint-hint create awesome stories!::
Thankfully, no one has to wait for a rich partner in order to afford to do the Work they love. Yes, I know it’s not just about money – it’s about time too! I have heard some writers who, in order to find time to write a book –get accepted into a graduate writing program. Student loans pay their bills while they use the time to work on publishing their books.
I call it Work, and I also call it Passion. The biggest lie I ever told myself about my story making is that “I don’t have time”.
Why did I not have time to write? Well, because I spent most of my time working to earn money to live and take care of myself. When I wasn’t working, I used my extra time to enjoy my family and friends. In other words, I had the time – I just chose to spend it not writing down my stories. It’s all about prioritizing and deciding if you want to make excuses or not.
I could have reduced my living expenses by moving into a rooming house instead of my beautiful and spacious condo. I could have reduced my time with friends and family. Options aren’t always ideal, but options are options.
At the end of the day, for every excuse there’s a solution to get through it. Some solutions are less difficult than others.
The end goal; the vision – has to be strong enough to make it worth it.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books, invest in editorial reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Like and follow me on social media, share my posts and Tweets!
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, open hearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope.
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤