“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.” – Stephen King http://twitpic.com/2mpy9v
Stephen King always has wise and witty things to say. I agree with this. I also think that for people like me who aren’t just writers – but storytellers – you should also watch a lot of movies, theater, and documentaries. Simply listening to the diverse, real life experiences and stories of others is extremely enlightening.
Sometimes the very best stories are “real” and not made-up.
What do you think?
Is the best story one that’s created or one that’s a reality?
What are some other things writers and storytellers should do?
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books!
- Recommend or purchase my services for writers: I offer formal editorial book reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more via Moon Rose Reviews at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends or purchase them as gifts for others.
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Hang out with me on Twitter – it’s my favorite! Like my Facebook page or Friend me
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, openhearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope. Seek a world of liberty where all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and are not forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤