I’ve always been committed to publishing my long awaited first novel. I feel absolutely awesome because now I’ve finally created the time to push things forward.
Saying there’s “no time” to do what you’re passionate about it just an excuse. How you spend your time is a choice.
On Twitter, one of the favorite questions that gets asked repeatedly of my fellow creators is, “How do you make time to create?” Everyone is trying to figure this out.
In one exchange, someone asked how in the world do Doctors and Lawyers find time to write their novels? A person responded, “They have wives.” I can certainly vouch for the fact that having supportive people in your life makes a huge difference in how much time you’re able to create and carve out. If others don’t support you, then why? Is it for selfish reasons? Because they want more time with you? Because they want you to work a “real” job to make more money that they can also enjoy? Do they not support you because they think they know what’s best for you? Why is it they want support for the things they enjoy doing, but they can’t support what you enjoy for whatever reason? Don’t accept that.
Finding time to create is not just a desire; it’s a need. Regardless of what some naysayers will declare, creating is not a frivolous pursuit.
Creating is a sacred task. It’s tapping into the divine within us to produce something that affects others in dynamic and miraculous ways. Julia Cameron, author of The Artists Way, A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity writes, “Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.” She writes that refusing to be creative is counter to our true nature.
I’m so happy to be at a point in my life where I’ve embraced my creativity as a pure, natural life energy that supports me in receiving the good tidings of the universe. The Principle that resonates with me the most out of Julia Cameron’s teaching is that “Creativity is God’s gift to us, using our creativity is our gift back to God.”
I’m beyond excited to move forward in continuing to share my stories with all of you.
What’s keeping you from sharing yours? Storytelling is just one of the main ways I create. What are the ways in which you create? How can you share them to serve others?
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books!
- Recommend or purchase my services for writers: I offer formal editorial book reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more via Moon Rose Reviews at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends or purchase them as gifts for others.
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Hang out with me on Twitter – it’s my favorite! Like my Facebook page or Friend me
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, openhearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope. Seek a world of liberty where all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and are not forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤