“We no longer live in a time when marginalized people are voiceless. Instead we have the opportunity to ensure that those voices are amplified. People of all cultures and backgrounds have valuable experiences and universal ideas to share, and we all stand to gain when those voices are heard.”
This was a fascinating article, “I read books by only minority authors for a year. It showed me just how white our reading world is”. Well-written and worth reading. Please do!
This is a good thing and a bad thing. Diversity shouldn’t be a trend. It should be respected. It should be a given. I appreciate that large publishing houses are finally understanding how diverse authors and diverse characters positively impact their bottom lines. I wish diversity in literature was more appreciated for its own value, rather than a money making trend that could eventually fade away.
What do you think?
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your joining my tribe of readers means so much to me! The best ways to support me in making the world a better place and giving reprieve and joy to those who need it most through my writing is:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Do at least one thing a day that helps the world be more welcoming, inclusive and just. My two favorite resources for this are https://www.uua.org and https://www.lp.org/the-libertarian-party
I appreciate you! Stay in touch