“We no longer live in a time when marginalized people are voiceless. Instead we have the opportunity to ensure that those voices are amplified. People of all cultures and backgrounds have valuable experiences and universal ideas to share, and we all stand to gain when those voices are heard.”
This was a fascinating article, “I read books by only minority authors for a year. It showed me just how white our reading world is”. Well-written and worth reading. Please do!
This is a good thing and a bad thing. Diversity shouldn’t be a trend. It should be respected. It should be a given. I appreciate that even the large publishing houses are finally understanding just how having diverse authors and diverse characters actually positively impact their bottom lines. I wish diversity in literature was something that more people appreciated for its own value, rather than a money making trend that could eventually fade away.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books, invest in editorial reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Like and follow me on social media, share my posts and Tweets!
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, open hearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope.
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤