Wow, I attended the workshops for writers held Sunday, August 5th at the LGBTQ OutWrite Literature Festival 2018. Glad I went!
It was a small, event with some big and controversial topics. I will definitely make it out again next year. They have workshops for readers as well and lots of book and other vendors too.
OutWrite is a nonprofit annual LGBTQ Literature festival hosted at The DC Center for the LGBTQ Community. I attended the workshops for writers and appreciated the environment and focus.
If you’re a reader of LGBTQ literature and want to learn about new authors and other related things, definitely check it out.
Do you know of any other LGBTQ literary festivals that need to be on my radar? What are your favorites?
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your joining my tribe of readers means so much to me! The best ways to support me in making the world a better place and giving reprieve and joy to those who need it most through my writing is:
- Like my Facebook Page and comment on my blog posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Do at least one thing a day that helps the world be more welcoming, inclusive and just. My two favorite resources for this are https://www.uua.org and https://www.lp.org/the-libertarian-party
I appreciate you! Stay in touch