In the beginning I didn’t outline and I wrote in one document in sequence. But when I tried to finish a project, it was confusing and challenging because of editing. Now, I outline and use Scrivener to separate my stories by scene. Easier to both plan and to edit.
I write best when I write based on what I want to write that day. Regardless of the order. I love having that freedom.
Outlining also prevents me from having to cut things out later that don’t make sense. The outline saves time and heartache.
Sometimes you just can’t force your muse! Best just to work together. Creative writing isn’t just my passion, its my. Being efficient and knowing how best I work and why – actually helps me get things done.
When I take it seriously, there’s little time for messing around!
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your joining my tribe of readers means so much to me! The best ways to support me in making the world a better place and giving reprieve and joy to those who need it most through my writing is:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Do at least one thing a day that helps the world be more welcoming, inclusive and just. My two favorite resources for this are https://www.uua.org and https://www.lp.org/the-libertarian-party
I appreciate you! Stay in touch