“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” – Derek Bok
Ignorance strikes fear in me. When I’m not knowledgeable about something important, my confidence jumps out the window. I can’t stand it. There’s nothing like a Confidence High. It’s powerful.
When something matters, it makes sense to be prepared. To learn.
Books are one of my favorite ways to learn. Talking and learning from others who’ve been there and succeeded have often been more helpful to me than my own hands-on experience, believe it or not. Words from the wise are priceless.
Our downfall was not the scary thing that jumped out and took us down. Our downfall was when we allowed ourselves to be exposed to the storm without the protection of knowledge and understanding.
Take things with a grain of salt. Pepper what you give to others with love, meaningfulness, and sincerity.
The more we know, the better we can serve and help others. When we serve and help others while making sure we aren’t taken advantage of, the world starts to work magic. An Unfolding Grace that dissolves our problems. That heals our connection to the Wise Silence of justice, hope, and community. It’s miraculous.
American writer Richard Bach says, “The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.
Ignorance can fade with time, experience, and learning. Time not only heals wounds, but putting the time into educating ourselves can prevent those wounds.
Seek and accept the truth that knowledge brings.
How is it that we can SEE the same thing and FEEL so differently about it?
Immigrant children being adopted by strangers or federally condoned kidnapping and human trafficking?
Protecting of sacred Native American lands or unreasonable protest preventing jobs creation?
Do you see stealing and looting during the aftermath of an emergency or desperate people searching for food to feed their families?
Truth puts some in prison, while setting others free.
Will you be the caterpillar that sees the end of the world or the Master who sees a brilliant beginning? What is your truth?
Here’s a better question: What are you going to do about it?
What are you going to do to serve, raise awareness and support those who face injustice? Large or small. Every drop of rain matters to the wilted rose. Every second matters who a child away from their loving parent. Every inch of land matters to those who hold it sacred.
Give money. Give your voice. Give your time. Your How doesn’t matter.. Just do.
BE another drop in the bucket that fills someone in need with hope, justice, and compassion.
May it be so. Amen.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books!
- Recommend or purchase my services for writers: I offer formal editorial book reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more via Moon Rose Reviews at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends or purchase them as gifts for others.
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Hang out with me on Twitter – it’s my favorite! Like my Facebook page or Friend me
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, openhearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope. Seek a world of liberty where all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and are not forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤