I just read an article by Mark H. Maxwell, author of Networking Kills: Success Through Serving that really moved me. It was so enlightening and well-written. I’ve heard many of the concepts before, but his unique slant on them was impressive.
He shares how he went to a music festival to find clients and left without achieving his goal. He says, “On reflection, I realized I missed so many opportunities to love and serve others that week, because my focus was only on me, my needs, my business, not on the needs, brokenness, and businesses of those with whom I was rubbing shoulders. You see: “I was trying to make myself visible, SERVING is about making ourselves available.” Giving Value Lasts.
As per marketing, he says “Serving gives and attracts while Networking takes and repels. The Best Marketing Plan” for your product or business comes through genuine love, generosity, and care for others. When you build relationships on those themes — without strings attached — you open up a stream of provision that flows both ways.”
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books, invest in editorial reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Like and follow me on social media, share my posts and Tweets!
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, open hearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope.
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤