Google Calendar for Productivity & Organizing
When I started my first job out of college, my employer sent me to a Steven Covey class on personal organizing. We learned how to make a To-Do list, then prioritize that list into A, B, C and so on groups. I’ve followed that method for over 10 years with varying levels of “success”.
Desperate for a better way, I researched productivity and how to better organize oneself. I’ve discovered “Google Calendar”. I can take my list and actually set realistic time frames to schedule the project; it’s awesome.
I also appreciate the “task” feature and how I can group multiple tasks under different categories.
I can color coat specific projects and easily adjust the times if I need do. The ability to see my progress over the day, week, and the month once I get to that point – is refreshing. I’m pulled in multiple directions every day; I’m sure you know the feeling!
I’ve only been doing all of this for a week but it has made a HUGE difference. I really think I’ve finally found what I’ve been craving!
How do you organize yourself and stay productive in reaching your goals? Please do share!
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your joining my tribe of readers means so much to me! The best ways to support me in making the world a better place and giving reprieve and joy to those who need it most through my writing is:
- Like my Facebook Page and comment on my blog posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Do at least one thing a day that helps the world be more welcoming, inclusive and just. My two favorite resources for this are https://www.uua.org and https://www.lp.org/the-libertarian-party
I appreciate you! Stay in touch
Leave a Comment