What is the story of your career? Did you write it or did someone else come up with it? Who outlined and plotted to get you where you are today?
Some of us are living or existing in a movie. In a role they never wanted. Playing characters they hate.
Are you actively writing your story or are you a passive bystander?
If you could write your own story of success, what would it look like?
How would you be spending your time?
There’s a saying by Tony Gaskins “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” Farrah Gray says something similar, “You are either building your dream or you are helping someone else build their dream. It can be difficult not to care about the expectations other have for you. For better or for worse, the more energy we spend trying to live and be the person others expect us to be, the less time we have and the harder it is to be ourselves.
Follow our own story. Create your own path. Don’t ever give away your pen.
P.S. I enjoy speaking on topics like this! Don’t hesitate to invite me to speak at your book store event, book club, large conference audience, retreat, classroom, special interest group, or podcast audience. Click here to learn more about my Speaking.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your joining my tribe of readers means so much to me! The best ways to support me in making the world a better place and giving reprieve and joy to those who need it most through my writing is:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Do at least one thing a day that helps the world be more welcoming, inclusive and just. My two favorite resources for this are https://www.uua.org and https://www.lp.org/the-libertarian-party
I appreciate you! Stay in touch