If you prefer “fast food”, quickie type romances – you may find yourself getting impatient with some of the inner monologue, pace, and back and forth. Riven is not an “easy-bake” type of romance where you just add water and go. It feels researched, realistic, and professionally done.
This is one of the many reasons Riven is so distinctive. You’ll appreciate this deep, engrossing story that takes its poetic time in touching you in all the right places. Riven is not a book you can easily shake off after reading.
When I experienced Riven, I was enveloped in the heart, music, and deepest fears of each of its main characters. I was a part of their love. What I enjoyed most was the vivid and rhythmical writing style which gave me a reading experience unlike any other. I wasn’t just passively watching the story unfold as I usually do, I was shoved into it. Forced to feel and not just watch, which at times was uncomfortable and wonderful because it was so raw. It was impossible to keep the story at a distance because Roan Parrish’s use of language lured me in so effectively.
I read tons of books a year, hoping to find that perfectly entertaining and well-written needle in the hay stack. You know, the book with a story so riveting that you throw your other commitments out of the window because you can’t put it down? Some years I find it, others I don’t. Riven didn’t disappoint. I read Riven via audio book and was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. I’m definitely going to look into what other stories Roan Parrish has up her sleeve.
Riven is part of a three book series. To learn more, visit https://www.roanparrish.com/riven-series
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books!
- Recommend or purchase my services for writers: I offer formal editorial book reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more via Moon Rose Reviews at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends or purchase them as gifts for others.
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Hang out with me on Twitter – it’s my favorite! Like my Facebook page or Friend me
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, open hearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope. Seek a world of liberty where all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and are not forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤