Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Pagans – everyone: Pray to your gods.
Ask them to touch police officers with compassion, common sense, and judgement. Keep them safe. Keep in their minds eye that we are their community, not their enemies. That they are to serve and protect…not bare false witness and kill.
We should feel safer when they’re around. Not anxious and afraid.
Recently a person was paralyzed from the waist down after a routine traffic stop. Innocent people are being shot and killed in their own homes. Excessive force is being used for apparently no reason. Shooting to kill instead of restrain.
A white male American citizen with mental disabilities was wrongfully detained and deported to Mexico. He was forced to live on the streets and in prisons for months. Unlike many others who were abused by our system, he didn’t die and he settled his case against the federal government for $175k.
Just like the Opioid Crisis; Police Brutality won’t be taken seriously until it starts to affect our white friends and allies. Now everyone’s talking about opioid abuse and the pharmaceutical companies are taking some (not enough, they received a Fine of just 2% of their annual earnings) responsibility.
Police Brutality is coming to a neighborhood near you, white friends.
Martin Luther King Jr. said, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
This is not just a black problem. This is not a Latino problem, or even a person of color problem. This is an American problem. This is our country. Let’s take pride in it. We should not settle for less-than.
Stop tolerating when others, especially those in positions of authority with deadly weapons – act outside of our fundamental American principles. Not only do we have the right to remain silent. We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Pray. Speak up. Vote.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books, invest in editorial reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Like and follow me on social media, share my posts and Tweets!
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, open hearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope.
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤