You only need to be one step ahead of someone to help them.
No matter your situation, there’s always someone both worse off and faring better than you.
Are you able to earn an income during this pandemic? Are you forced to go to work despite the risks in order to pay your bills? Are you fortunate enough to have saved resources to weather this storm?
There will always be a time of plenty and a time of scarcity. Why haven’t all of us taken heed by preparing for this predictable pattern?
Many of us feel grief and disgust about the current state of affairs. Inequity has come to the forefront. No one can escape it. What are you going to do?
I suggest taking action. Do at least one generous thing for someone. Consider picking up a medical prescription for someone who’s housebound, deliver groceries, or help another figure out how to use a free webinar system so they can stay connected with others.
It can feel empowering to help, not to mention it’s just the right thing to do! At some point in the future, you’ll more than likely benefit from the generosity of others. Pay it forward. Pass it on.
Make the most out of this time – where you may have more time on your hands than usual. Consider sorting through your belongings and bag up things for donation. You can not only clear your living space, but help others with your donations once the lock-down ends. How about connecting with that good friend you haven’t had the time to reach out to? How about spending quality time with your children or finishing that book you’ve been meaning to get to?
Reevaluate your priorities and values -so once this is all over, you can start on a new, better and more fulfilling path. Perhaps that lay-off or termination was a blessing in disguise. You can’t always control what happens to you, but you can control how you react to it. It’s all about perception.
Instead of wallowing in uncertainly – find the silver lining.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books!
- Recommend or purchase my services for writers: I offer formal editorial book reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more via Moon Rose Reviews at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends or purchase them as gifts for others.
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Hang out with me on Twitter – it’s my favorite! Like my Facebook page or Friend me
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, open hearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope. Seek a world of liberty where all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and are not forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤