One of the difference between being religious and being spiritual is that religious people feel an overwhelming urge to “check off the boxes”. In the business world, to “check off the boxes” is a well-known catch phrase for pointing out superficiality.
This is to say…we’ve taken an action, when the reality is the action resulted in no change. A little more than a waste of our time. Something we do when we’re not serious about being honest with ourselves and each other.
The current political administration of the United State is pushing and attempting to over-ride our own Governor’s for the sake of physically opening Churches. When digging deeper, it’s clear that the push to open church’s is not about freedom of religion. It’s about exerting power and catering to “their base”. It has nothing to do with God.
Those who are spiritually connected to the Source of Truth; the Universal Love – know without a doubt that a physical church building is not required to worship and practice faith. That looking on a cross, the star of David, or even a chalice does not make one closer to The Creator. The very first places of worship (Churches) were in people’s homes. The very homes we’ve been quarantined to.
When we stay home, we are loving our neighbor as ourselves. When we stay home, we are doing our part to respect science and protect our loved ones. When we stay home, people stay alive.
Bricks and buildings are not essential. God is essential. Justice is essential. Love is essential.
May it be so.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support means so much to me! The very best ways to support me are:
- Like my Facebook Page and comment on my blog posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books!
- Recommend or purchase my services for writers: I offer formal editorial book reviews, pre-publication critiques, and more via Moon Rose Reviews at my Selz Store
- Recommend my books for Pre-order to your friends or purchase them as gifts for others.
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- Hang out with me on Twitter – it’s my favorite! Like my Facebook page or Friend me
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Be open minded, open hearted, and support justice, love, learning, and hope. Seek a world of liberty where all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and are not forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others
I appreciate you! Stay in touch 💜🖤