During these troubling times, I feel that we need our loved ones more than ever. This is why it was particularly difficult this past December. What used to be a big, loving fiasco of 30 or so family members turned into a very small pow-wow of just my two brothers and their small families. It was different, but we survived. You can’t put a price on the peace of mind that safety can bring.
It also made me think about time, work, and, career. Have you seen the many business’s go under? I’ve watched restaurants close and large banks take over their spots in my neighborhood. It seems the average person is suffering the most while the corporations who have the most money; get the most help. It’s all backwards and unfair.
I think about what I and others can do to help level the playing field. It’s become 100% clear that anyone with entrepreneurial aspirations or who values independence need to consider reevaluating their life and lifestyle though a Pandemic Proof lens. Imagine the peace of mind that comes from having a Pandemic Proof career. One where you can continue to make a living, pay your bills, and love what you do without it being threatened by things so utterly out of our control like pandemics, shut downs, and the like. In my view, this means pretty much anything that’s primarily remote and on-line.
As I watch the death counts rise and hear stories of friends and family affected by COVID-19 related tragedy, I think about the fragility of life and the dice of chance. We know life is short. We also know that we don’t know how much time on this earth we have. What am I doing to honor the calling of my spirit while alive? If I leave this earth prematurely, what would I have regretted not doing?
There will never be a perfect time to follow your heart and live your purpose. We will always be busy and have expectations to live up to. We must act and do despite and because of these circumstances. When I live my best live and follow my purpose by sharing my gifts with the world, I honor myself, my loved ones, and my ancestors who struggled to make my life possible and better.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your joining my tribe of readers means so much to me! The best ways to support me in making the world a better place and giving reprieve and joy to those who need it most through my writing is:
- Like my Facebook Page and comment on my blog posts
- Join my VIP List! You’ll receive freebies, special offers, free books, updates on my latest stories, and my quarterly Apatite Books & Café Newsletter.
- Pre-order my books
- Invite me to speak at your event or recommend me as a speaker to an event you know about (conferences, book clubs, meetings, retreats, fundraisers, and more)
- If you’re on Goodreads, add my books to your lists and vote for them
- Last but not least: Live your values aloud, not alone. Do at least one thing a day that helps the world be more welcoming, inclusive and just. My two favorite resources for this are https://www.uua.org and https://www.lp.org/the-libertarian-party
I appreciate you! Stay in touch